Ballymacarbry Community Centre and Hostel is home to a self catering hostel which sleeps 25 guests. The Community Centre consists of a modern hostel with accommodation for 25 guests in two large dormitory rooms and one small room, suitable for adult supervisors, group leaders or teachers. The large rooms have en-suite facilities. We are a perfect venue for large groups, eg school tour groups, community and youth groups who would like to explore the area, including the new Waterford Greenway. We also cater for schools with a Gaisce programme, or an outdoors element to their Transition Year programme. Our hostel can take up to 22 guests plus a separate room for 3 group leaders.
All of our guests have full use of the Community Centre facilities including the following:
- Self Catering Kitchen: Our hostel has a self catering kitchen which can cater for a full house, but we also have the option to request a caterer that will come in to provide meals.
- Fully equipped Gym: There is a fully equipped gym. This gym is suitable for everyone from the first time user to the very experienced user.
Sauna: We also have a sauna in the Community Centre which people tend to use after the gym or if they are out walking or cycling.
- Astro Turf Pitch
- Fitness Studio: There is a large fitness studio available for Dance classes, Aerobics and much more.
- Hall with capacity of 250 pax: We offer a general purpose hall which can seat approximately 250 people with an adjoining kitchen. The hall is complete with a stage area, suitable for theatre groups, concerts, ballroom dancing, private functions, drama societies, parties and much more.
- Sports Hall: We offer a Sports Hall containing an Astro Turf pitch which is suitable for a variety of sports, for example hurling, football or soccer. The sports hall measures 30 x 18 metres with a viewing area.
- Montessori Pre-school: Ballymacarbry Community Hostel is home to a Montessori school, which was established in 2010 to provide a preschool service for the children of the local community.
- Outdoor Catering can be provided: We can also arrange for outside Catering if requested when booking the venue.
Ballymacarbry is at the mouth to the Nire Valley in the Comeragh Mountains and is also close by to the Knockmealdown Mountains. There is a wide variety of walks to suit all from the inexperienced walker to seasoned hill walkers in the area, and we have guides should your group need one, or just want some advice on what routes to take. There is plenty of room within the building for the group to gather together over a meal, watch TV and even play indoor soccer. There are many walking festivals happening in Ballymacarbry in the Comeragh Mountains. Nire Valley Failte, the local tourism association, have a series of published walks and run an annual Comeragh Walking Festival. Our Hostel sits on the route of the famed Sean Kelly Cycle, which gives you a choice of the 160 km route or the 100 km route. The Hostel is within walking distance from two pubs, a shop and post office.
Base your group in Ballymacarbry and be in the centre of the action. Base your group here in the hostel, and you can drive or cycle to Dungarvan to enjoy the amazing Waterford Greenway.